We warmly welcome inquiries about our school at any grade level.
Independent survey results showed over 90% parent satisfaction with Oak Arbor School!
Call us with questions, or to schedule a tour and receive information (248-652-3420), or click here to send us an email.
Our 7th & 8th grade students showcased their work on their independent studies to parents and friends in the school lobby this week. Independent study is an important element of our middle school program. Students choose a subject that interests them, and are paired with an adult mentor in the community to develop a project together. Topics this year included woodworking, writing, interior design, business models, and computer animation.
The students also presented the webpage they created of their recent history and science trip to Arizona.
You can also visit our In the News page on this website.
Shop at Amazon and support Oak Arbor School! Click on the logo above to get started.
Seeing the bright faces of students arriving every morning brings our goals into focus - working with each individual child to feed their mind, touch their heart, and prepare them for life.
The theme for the 2015-2016 school year is "Noticing the Lord in Everyday Life".
We provide a rich array of learning experiences that will give each child the springboard they need to grow physically, academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. As we do so, we will be ever mindful of the fact that the Lord is leading each child. We will do our best to work with Him to nurture and support the students. It is a blessing for us to be entrusted with each child here. Thank you!
• A strong academic program emphasizing delight in learning provides the foundation for life-long education
• We emphasize the importance of childhood innocence – why and how to value and nurture it, and how it is the basis for the on-going development of conscience
• Education at Oak Arbor includes daily exposure to the spiritual dimension of life in various ways across the curriculum
• We encourage social interaction that supports personal expression and builds self-confidence but without emphasis on competition, fashion, trends
• Students experience a unique variety of useful, educational and fun opportunities for field trips, drama, community service, travel, etc.
• We do these things in distinctive ways, based on a philosophy of education that is guided by our study of the Lord’s Word. What an honor it is to be part of this important work in a community of children, parents and teachers.
Parents are often the best sources of opinions and thoughts about the choice of a school. Check out our Parent video page to learn more.
Read comments from alumni here, including what they say about their transition to other schools.
Call to schedule a tour and meet our teachers 248-652-3420
Our Kindergarten program provides a gentle transition between home and school. We take great care to preserve childhood innocence and trust. It is so important that the children find learning delightful. Click for more info>
We have two large fundraisers each year, the School Benefit Dinner and Silent Auction in March, and the All-Day Scrapbook Fundraiser in January. Click on the links below for more information about these popular annual events!